The YouTube Component is part of the YouTube Component Set. It embeds any YouTube video directly on a Page in an app. The video will play directly in the app when an app end user taps on the video.
Add a YouTube Component to a Page
- Create or open an existing app.
- Click the Edit Pencil on a Page.
- Click the Green + Icon, located in the bottom right corner.
- Either scroll to YouTube in the list or begin typing YouTube to search the list.
- Select YouTube. The YouTube Component will appear at the bottom of the Content list in the left-hand column. The YouTube Properties will appear in the right-hand column.
The YouTube component has the following properties:
Pro Tip: It is a best practice to use only letters without spaces for the Component Id. Symbols, spaces, and numbers are not recommended.
- YouTube Video URL - Enter the YouTube video URL. To find a YouTube video URL, open the video in YouTube and click Share. This will open a modal displaying the YouTube video URL. Copy this URL and paste it into this property.
Best Practice: Only share videos set to Public or Unlisted on YouTube. Private videos will require users to login and adhere to the limitations set in YouTube.
Note: If the embedded video is removed from YouTube a message will display in the app letting users know the video content is no longer available. Any edits made to the YouTube video within YouTube, including renaming the video, will immediately appear in the live app.
YouTube Placement Settings
The Placement Settings for the Component sets which column(s) the Component will appear. Each Page of the app can have a different number of columns that are set in the Layout section of the Page Settings. The following Placement settings are available for this Component:
- Column Start - Sets the column where the Component will start.
- Column Span - Sets how many columns the Component will span.
- Padding - Sets how much space will appear on the top, bottom, left, and right of the Component. When building a Page with multiple Components, the Padding will determine the overall spacing between Components.
- Display Mode - Sets how the Component is displayed. If Both is selected, the Component will always show. Both are the default option. If Optimal is selected, the Component will only show if the browser supports the app. The main supported browsers are Chrome and Safari. If Degraded is selected, the Component will only show if the browser does not support the app. The main unsupported browser is Internet Explorer.