The Vimeo Player Component embeds any Vimeo video directly onto a Page in an app. The video will play directly in the app when an app end user taps on the video.
Add a Vimeo Player Component to Page
- Create or open an existing app.
- Click the Edit Pencil on a Page.
- Click the Green + Icon, located in the bottom right corner.
- Either scroll to Vimeo in the list or begin typing Vimeo to search the list.
Select Vimeo Player Component. The Vimeo Player Component will appear at the bottom of the Content list in the left-hand column. The Vimeo Player Properties will appear in the right-hand column.
Vimeo Player Properties
The Vimeo Player Component has the following properties:
Pro Tip: It is a best practice to use only letters without spaces for the Component Id. Symbols, spaces, and numbers are not recommended.
Video Id - Enter the Vimeo Video Id. This is the numerical value found at the end of a Vimeo video’s URL. Make sure to not include any additional spaces or special characters when entering the Video Id. Learn more about Vimeo Share Features
- The Video Id for this Vimeo video, https://vimeo.com/391664829, is 391664829.
- To share a video link that will begin playback at a specific point, add a bit of code to the end of the URL. Set the playback starting point by adding #t= followed by the timestamp. To begin playback of https://vimeo.com/391664829 at the 1 minute and 20 second mark, the Video Id is 391664829#t=1m20s.
Vimeo Player Placement Settings
The Placement Settings for the Component sets which column(s) the Component will appear. Each Page of the app can have a different number of columns that are set in the Layout section of the Page Settings. The following Placement Settings are available for this Component:
- Column Start - Sets the column where the Component will start.
- Column Span - Sets how many columns the Component will span.
- Padding - Sets how much space will appear on the top, bottom, left, and right of the Component. When building a Page with multiple Components, the Padding will determine the overall spacing between Components.
- Display Mode - Sets how the Component is displayed. If Both is selected, the Component will always show. Both are the default option. If Optimal is selected, the Component will only show if the browser supports the app. The main supported browsers are Chrome and Safari. If Degraded is selected, the Component will only show if the browser does not support the app. The main unsupported browser is Internet Explorer.