The Wistia Component is part of the Wistia Component Set. It embeds any Wistia video directly on a Page in an app. The video will play directly in the app when an app end user taps on the video.
Add a Wistia Component to a Page
- Create or open an existing app.
- Click the Edit Pencil on a Page.
- Click the Green + Icon, located in the bottom right corner.
- Either scroll to Wistia in the list or begin typing Wistia to search the list.
- Select Wistia. The Wistia Component will appear at the bottom of the Content list in the left-hand column. The Wistia Properties will appear in the right-hand column.
The Wistia component has the following properties:
Pro Tip: It is a best practice to use only letters without spaces for the Component Id. Symbols, spaces, and numbers are not recommended.
- Video Hashed ID - Enter the Wistia Video Hashed ID. The hashed ID is found at the end of the Wistia video URL. For example, the hashed ID of this Wistia video, is the highlighted section: https://support.wistia.com/medias/sqzcdxvf9p. Studio users would enter sqzcdxvf9p into the hashed ID property.
- Popover - Toggle on or off if you want the video to play across the page.
Note: If the embedded video is removed from Wistia a message will display in the app letting users know the video content is no longer available. Any edits made to the Wistia video within Wistia will immediately appear in the live app.
Wistia Placement Settings
The Placement Settings for the Component sets which column(s) the Component will appear. Each Page of the app can have a different number of columns that are set in the Layout section of the Page Settings. The following Placement settings are available for this Component:
- Column Start - Sets the column where the Component will start.
- Column Span - Sets how many columns the Component will span.
- Padding - Sets how much space will appear on the top, bottom, left, and right of the Component. When building a Page with multiple Components, the Padding will determine the overall spacing between Components.
- Display Mode - Sets how the Component is displayed. If Both is selected, the Component will always show. Both are the default option. If Optimal is selected, the Component will only show if the browser supports the app. The main supported browsers are Chrome and Safari. If Degraded is selected, the Component will only show if the browser does not support the app. The main unsupported browser is Internet Explorer.