The Vidyard Component is part of the Vidyard Component Set. It embeds any Vidyard video directly on a Page in an app. The video will play directly in the app when an app end user taps on the video.
Add a Vidyard Component to a Page
- Create or open an existing app.
- Click the Edit Pencil on a Page.
- Click the Green + Icon, located in the bottom right corner.
- Either scroll to Vidyard in the list or begin typing Vidyard to search the list.
- Select Vidyard. The Vidyard Component will appear at the bottom of the Content list in the left-hand column. The Vidyard Properties will appear in the right-hand column.
The Vidyard component has the following properties:
Pro Tip: It is a best practice to use only letters without spaces for the Component Id. Symbols, spaces, and numbers are not recommended.
- Player UUID - Enter the Vidyard video UUID. Make sure to not include any additional spaces when entering the UUID. How to find the Player UUID in Vidyard.
Note: If the embedded video is removed from Vidyard a message will display in the app letting users know the video content is no longer available. Any edits made to the Vidyard video within Vidyard will immediately appear in the live app.
Vidyard Placement Settings
The Placement Settings for the Component sets which column(s) the Component will appear. Each Page of the app can have a different number of columns that are set in the Layout section of the Page Settings. The following Placement settings are available for this Component:
- Column Start - Sets the column where the Component will start.
- Column Span - Sets how many columns the Component will span.
- Padding - Sets how much space will appear on the top, bottom, left, and right of the Component. When building a Page with multiple Components, the Padding will determine the overall spacing between Components.
- Display Mode - Sets how the Component is displayed. If Both is selected, the Component will always show. Both are the default option. If Optimal is selected, the Component will only show if the browser supports the app. The main supported browsers are Chrome and Safari. If Degraded is selected, the Component will only show if the browser does not support the app. The main unsupported browser is Internet Explorer.