The Clear Button is part of the Ionic Layout Component Set. is an action button with a transparent background. Studio Users can format the Button Text and set the Link to a Page within the app, an external URL, email address, or a phone number.
Watch: Using Components in Your App to learn how to add, edit, and customize Components in any app.
Ideas for Using Clear Button
- The Clear Button is a very clean design that displays just linked text, with the option of adding one icon to the left or right of the text.
- Use at the bottom of the screen with an arrow to explain to users that there is another step or action.
- Place it above Rich Text descriptions of a product to link app users directly to more information.
Pro Tip: It is a best practice to use only letters without spaces for the Component Id. Symbols, spaces, and numbers are not recommended.
- Link - Sets the link to another Page in the app or an external URL.
Pro Tip: Type in tel:5558675309 to link to a phone number with "5558675309" replaced with the applicable 10-digit phone number or mailto:emailaddress to open up the default email client from the app with "emailaddress" replaced with the email address you want to be sent the email.
- Open Link In New Tab - Toggles on or off to open the link in a new tab.
- Text - Enter the text as it should appear in the app. This text does not wrap and should be limited to 20 characters.
- Font Size - Enter the size of the font in pixels.
- Bold Text - Toggles on or off to display the text as bold.
- Italic Text - Toggles on or off to display the text italicized.
- Background Color - Sets the color of the background. There are two ways to set the Background Color: Click the Color Swatch to choose from the app’s Color Palette or enter the hex code in the text field.
- Text Color - Sets the color of the Button Text. There are two ways to set the Text Color: Click the Color Swatch to choose from the app’s Color Palette or enter the hex code in the text field.
- Button Size - Sets the size of the Clear Button. Choose from the dropdown list: Default, Large, or Small.
- Full Width - Toggles on or off the ability for the Clear Button to span the entire width of the column(s) set in the Placement Settings. When the Full Width is toggled on, the Clear Button will be centered within the number of columns the component is set to span. When toggled off, the Clear Button will be left-justified within the column it is set to start in.
- Icon - Upload a custom icon using a .SVG. This will override the Ionic Icon. To delete the icon click the Trash Can Icon.
- Ionic Icon - Pulls in icons from a library of open source icons built by the Ionic Framework team. If blank, no icon will display.
- Icon Alignment - Sets the placement of the icon if an Icon Name is entered in the property above. Choose from the dropdown list: Left or Right.
- Icon Color - Sets the color of the Icon. There are two ways to set the Text Color: Click the Color Swatch to choose from the app’s Color Palette or enter the hex code in the text field.
- Button Opacity - Sets the opacity of the component. Use the up and down arrows to change the number from 100 to 1. A setting of 1 will make the component completely transparent and a setting of 100 is fully opaque.
- Border Radius (px) - Sets how rounded button corners appear by entering a number from 0 to 24. A setting of 0 will result in sharp corners and a setting of 24 will result in rounded corners.
- Border Width (px) - Sets the width of the button border. Enter a whole number between 0 px - 5 px. Decimals are not supported (i.e. 2.5 px). The border does not appear if it is set to 0 px.
- Button Shadow - Toggles on or off to display a shadow.
Component Placement Settings
The Placement Settings for the Component sets which column(s) the Component will appear. Each Page of the app can have a different number of columns that are set in the Layout section of the Page Settings. The following Placement settings are available for this Component:
- Column Start - Sets the column where the Component will start.
- Column Span - Sets how many columns the Component will span.
- Padding - Sets how much space will appear on the top, bottom, left, and right of the Component. When building a Page with multiple Components, the Padding will determine the overall spacing between Components.
- Display Mode - Sets how the Component is displayed. If Both is selected, the Component will always show. Both are the default option. If Optimal is selected, the Component will only show if the browser supports the app. The main supported browsers are Chrome and Safari. If Degraded is selected, the Component will only show if the browser does not support the app. The main unsupported browser is Internet Explorer.