The Rich Text Component supports a variety of text formats inside of one content block. Studio Users can format text, including bold, underline, and italics, as well as text alignment, color, and size. Content can include bulleted and numbered lists. Individual words can also be hyperlinked
Add Rich Text to a Page
- Create or open an existing app.
- Click the Edit Pencil on a Page.
- Click the Green + Icon, located in the bottom right corner.
- Either scroll to Rich Text in the list or begin typing Rich Text to search list.
- Select Rich Text. The Rich Text Component will appear at the bottom of the Content list in the left-hand column. The Rich Text Properties will appear in the right-hand column.
Rich Text Properties
The Rich Text Component has the following properties:
Pro Tip: It is a best practice to use only letters without spaces for the Component Id. Symbols, spaces, and numbers are not recommended.
- Content - Click Edit to open the Rich Text content modal. Enter the text in this modal. The text will wrap and there is no limit on the number of characters allowed. The toolbar is used to format the text as needed.
Set Background Color - Toggle on or off to display a background color.
Background Color - Sets the color of the background. There are two ways to set the Background Color: Click the Color Swatch to choose from the app’s Color Palette or enter the hex code in the text field.
Top Content Padding - Enter a value in pixels to determine how much space will appear on top of the text within the Component.
Botton Content Padding - Enter a value in pixels to determine how much space will appear under the text within the Component.
Left Content Padding - Enter a value in pixels to determine how much space will appear to the left of the text within the Component.
Righ Content Padding - Enter a value in pixels to determine how much space will appear to the left of the text within the Component.
Rich Text Placement Settings
The Placement Settings for the Component sets which column(s) the Component will appear. Each Page of the app can have a different number of columns that are set in the Layout section of the Page Settings. The following Placement settings are available for this Component:
- Column Start - Sets the column where the Component will start.
- Column Span - Sets how many columns the Component will span.
- Padding - Sets how much space will appear on the top, bottom, left, and right of the Component. When building a Page with multiple Components, the Padding will determine the overall spacing between Components.
- Display Mode - Sets how the Component is displayed. If Both is selected, the Component will always show. Both are the default option. If Optimal is selected, the Component will only show if the browser supports the app. The main supported browsers are Chrome and Safari. If Degraded is selected, the Component will only show if the browser does not support the app. The main unsupported browser is Internet Explorer.