The Markdown Text Component allows Studio Users to include content in an app through the Markdown syntax. This component also supports HTML.
Ideas for Using Markdown Text
- Want to use Markdown syntax in your app? The Markdown Text Component will allow this.
- Create a blockquote or strikethrough text using Markdown syntax. Learn more about Markdown.
Markdown Text Properties
The Markdown Text Component has the following properties:
Pro Tip: It is a best practice to use only letters without spaces for the Component Id. Symbols, spaces, and numbers are not recommended.
- Content - Enter content using the Markdown syntax. Learn more about Markdown.
- Font Color - Sets the color of the text. There are two ways to set the Text Color: Click the Color Swatch to choose from the app’s Color Palette or enter the hex code in the text field.
Markdown Text Placement Settings
The Placement Settings for the Component sets which column(s) the Component will appear. Each Page of the app can have a different number of columns that are set in the Layout section of the Page Settings. The following Placement settings are available for this Component:
- Column Start - Sets the column where the Component will start.
- Column Span - Sets how many columns the Component will span.
- Padding - Sets how much space will appear on the top, bottom, left, and right of the Component. When building a Page with multiple Components, the Padding will determine the overall spacing between Components.
- Display Mode - Sets how the Component is displayed. If Both is selected, the Component will always show. Both are the default option. If Optimal is selected, the Component will only show if the browser supports the app. The main supported browsers are Chrome and Safari. If Degraded is selected, the Component will only show if the browser does not support the app. The main unsupported browser is Internet Explorer.