Button: Double Icon
The Double Icon Button is part of the Ionic Layout Component Set. It is an action button with a solid colored background and two icons. Studio Users can format the Button Text and set the Link to a Page within the app, an external URL, email address, or a phone number.
Ideas for Using Button: Double Icon
- Use the Double Icon Button to connect app users with an email, such as support or to get more information. Place your company logo on the left and an email icon on the right.
- Connect your app users to another Page in your app and use icons to indicate what they can expect. For example, in an event app, connect your users to travel details by placing an airplane or hotel icon on the left and a right-pointing arrow on right, indicating that the user can expect to be taken to another page.
Double Icon Button Properties
The Double Icon Button component has the following properties:
Pro Tip: It is a best practice to use only letters without spaces for the Component Id. Symbols, spaces, and numbers are not recommended.
- Link - Sets the link to another Page in the app or an external URL.
Pro Tip: Type in tel:5558675309 to link to a phone number with "5558675309" replaced with the applicable 10-digit phone number or mailto:emailaddress to open up the default email client from the app with "emailaddress" replaced with the email address you want to be sent the email.
- Open Link in a New Tab - Toggles on or off whether the Link opens in a new tab or not in the app.
- Text - Enter the text as it should appear in the app. This text does not wrap and should be limited to 20 characters.
- Text Alignment- Sets the alignment of the text. Choose between Left, Right, or Center.
- Text Color - Sets the color of the Button Text. There are two ways to set the Text Color: Click the Color Swatch to choose from the app’s Color Palette or enter the hex code in the text field.
- Font Size (px) - Enter the font size in pixels.
- Bold Text - Toggles on or off to display the text as bold.
- Italic Text - Toggles on or off to display the text as italicized.
- Fill Color - Sets the color of the button. There are two ways to set the Fill Color: Click the Color Swatch to choose from the app’s Color Palette or enter the hex code in the text field.
- Border Color - Sets the color of the border. There are two ways to set the Border Color: Click the Color Swatch to choose from the app’s Color Palette or enter the hex code in the text field.
- Border Width - Sets the width of the button border. Enter a whole number between 0 px - 5 px. Decimals are not supported (i.e. 2.5 px). The border does not appear if it is set to 0 px.
- Border Radius - Sets how rounded button corners appear by entering a number from 0 to 24. A setting of 0 will result in sharp corners and a setting of 24 will result in rounded corners.
- Button Opacity - Sets the opacity of the component. Use the up and down arrows to change the number from 100 to 1. A setting of 1 will make the component completely transparent and a setting of 100 is fully opaque.
- Button Size - Sets the size of the Solid Button. Choose from the dropdown list: Default, Large, or Small.
- Left Ionic Icon Name- Pulls in icons from a library of open source icons built by the Ionic Framework team. If blank, no icon will display
- Left Custom Icon - Upload a custom icon using a .SVG. This will override the Ionic Icon. To delete the icon click the Trash Can Icon.
- Right Ionic Icon Name- Pulls in icons from a library of open source icons built by the Ionic Framework team. If blank, no icon will display
- Right Custom Icon- Upload a custom icon using a .SVG. This will override the Ionic Icon. To delete the icon click the Trash Can Icon.
- Icon Color - Sets the color of the Icon. There are two ways to set the Text Color: Click the Color Swatch to choose from the app’s Color Palette or enter the hex code in the text field.
- Button Shadow - Toggles on or off the shadow for the button.
Double Icon Button Placement Settings
The Placement Settings for the Component sets which column(s) the Component will appear. Each Page of the app can have a different number of columns that are set in the Layout section of the Page Settings. The following Placement settings are available for this Component:
- Column Start - Sets the column where the Component will start.
- Column Span - Sets how many columns the Component will span.
- Padding - Sets how much space will appear on the top, bottom, left, and right of the Component. When building a Page with multiple Components, the Padding will determine the overall spacing between Components.
- Display Mode - Sets how the Component is displayed. If Both is selected, the Component will always show. Both are the default option. If Optimal is selected, the Component will only show if the browser supports the app. The main supported browsers are Chrome and Safari. If Degraded is selected, the Component will only show if the browser does not support the app. The main unsupported browser is Internet Explorer.