The Avatar Carousel is part of the Ionic Component Set. This Component is designed to be used over all columns of the app and allows app end-users to swipe left and right in the carousel.
Ideas for Using the Avatar Carousel
- Add images to the avatars and text labels underneath to easily connect app users to important information in the app, or to external links.
- Use the avatar images to display headshots of company leaders on an about page. Use the text labels for their names. Studio Users can also choose to link to more information on each team member, such as a LinkedIn profile.
- Display headshots of session speakers and a keynote presenter. Studio Users can choose to link the headshots to other Pages in the app that provide additional detail on the speaker and their session.
- Make sure customers know what your brand offers by showcasing individual products or services through the avatar image and text label. Each avatar can be linked to another Page in the app, providing customers with the ability to learn more about each offering.
Watch: Using Components in Your App to learn how to add, edit, and customize Components in any app.
Pro Tip: It is a best practice to use only letters without spaces for the Component Id. Symbols, spaces, and numbers are not recommended.
- Border Color - Sets the color for the border around each avatar image. For a border to appear, the Border Width property needs to be set to a value of 1 or greater. There are two ways to set the Border Color: Click the Color Swatch to choose from the app's Color Palette or enter the hex code in the text field.
- Border Width (px) - Sets the border width in pixels that will appear around each avatar image.
- Label Font Size (px) - Sets the font size in pixels.
- Label Color - Sets the color of the Label Font. There are two ways to set the Label Color: Click the Color Swatch to choose from the app’s Color Palette or enter the hex code in the text field.
- Label Bold - Toggle on or off for the text to appear bold. Default is set to off.
- Label Italics - Toggle on or off for the text to appear italicized. Default is set to off.
- Avatar Shadow - Toggle on or off for a shadow to appear behind the avatar images. Default is set to on.
Individual Image Properties (Up to 10)
- Image - Upload a .JPG or .PNG to display an Image. Or select "Content from Images" in the dropdown, to select an image stored in the Content section of the Studio. To remove an uploaded Image, click on the Trash Can.
- ALT Text - Sets the text that appears if the image fails to load. The Alt Text appears in a blank box where the Image would normally appear. It's recommended to always use Alt Text for any Images.
- Link - Sets the link to another Page in the app or an external URL.
- Open Link in a New Tab - Toggles on or off whether the Link opens in a new tab or not in the app.
- Label Text - Enter the text as it should appear in the app. The text uses the font selected in the Font Styling section of Branding. This text will wrap and there is no limit on the number of characters allowed.
Component Placement Settings
The Placement Settings for the Component sets which column(s) the Component will appear. Each Page of the app can have a different number of columns that are set in the Layout section of the Page Settings. The following Placement settings are available for this Component:
- Column Start - Sets the column where the Component will start.
- Column Span - Sets how many columns the Component will span.
- Padding - Sets how much space will appear on the top, bottom, left, and right of the Component. When building a Page with multiple Components, the Padding will determine the overall spacing between Components.
- Display Mode - Sets how the Component is displayed. If Both is selected, the Component will always show. Both is the default option. If Optimal is selected, the Component will only show if the browser supports the app. The main supported browsers are Chrome and Safari. If Degraded is selected, the Component will only show if the browser does not support the app. The main unsupported browser is Internet Explorer.