Form Field: State Selector
The State Selector Form Field allows Studio Users to select a dropdown of U.S. States to a Form that an app end user can select from when submitting a Form. To use a State Selector Form Field, a Column in the applicable Table must have the Data Type set to Text.
Add a State Selector to a Form
- Login to the Studio and click Content.
- Create a new Form using the Green Plus Sign or click on an existing Form.
- Connect your Form to the applicable Connected Data Source and Table.
- Click on the Green Plus Sign and select the State Selector Form Field.
- Select the applicable Connected Data Field. The selected Connected Data Field must have the Data Type set to Text in the Table.
- Input the applicable Properties for the State Selector Form Field.
- Add any other applicable Form Fields to the Form.
- Click Publish once you're ready to make the Form available to Apps within the Studio.
State Selector Form Field Properties
The State Selector Form Field has the following properties:
Pro Tip: It is a best practice to use only letters without spaces for the Component Id. Symbols, spaces, and numbers are not recommended.
- Connected Data Field - Select the Connected Data Field from the dropdown. Columns must be set up previously in the Connected Data Source in Table Builder to appear in this list.
- Label Text - Sets the text that appears next to the Form Field.
- Required Input - Toggles on or off to make the Form Field a required field to submit the Form.
- Return Abbreviation - Toggles on or off to show a state abbreviation.
- Half Width - Toggles on or off to determine if the Form Field spans the full width of the Form or only half of the form's width.