The Line is part of the Ionic Layout Component Set. It is a visual divider on the page. Studio Users can choose between Solid, Dash, or Dotted Lines.
Add a Line to a Page
- Create or open an existing app.
- Click the Edit Pencil on a Page.
- Click the Green + Icon, located in the bottom right corner.
- Either scroll to Line Component in the list or begin typing Line Component to search the list.
- Select the Line Component. The Line Component will appear at the bottom of the Content list in the left-hand column. The Line Properties will appear in the right-hand column.
The Line component has the following properties:
Pro Tip: It is a best practice to use only letters without spaces for the Component Id. Symbols, spaces, and numbers are not recommended.
- Line Color - Sets the color of the line. There are two ways to set the Line Color: Click the Color Swatch to choose from the app’s Color Palette or enter the hex code in the text field.
- Line Height - Sets the height of the line in pixels. Default is set to 5 px.
- Line Style - Sets the appearance of the line. Choose between Solid, Dot, and Dash.
Line Placement Settings
The Placement Settings for the Component sets which column(s) the Component will appear. Each Page of the app can have a different number of columns that are set in the Layout section of the Page Settings. The following Placement settings are available for this Component:
- Column Start - Sets the column where the Component will start.
- Column Span - Sets how many columns the Component will span.
- Padding - Sets how much space will appear on the top, bottom, left, and right of the Component. When building a Page with multiple Components, the Padding will determine the overall spacing between Components.
- Display Mode - Sets how the Component is displayed. If Both is selected, the Component will always show. Both are the default option. If Optimal is selected, the Component will only show if the browser supports the app. The main supported browsers are Chrome and Safari. If Degraded is selected, the Component will only show if the browser does not support the app. The main unsupported browser is Internet Explorer.