The Loom Component is part of the Loom Component Set. It embeds any Loom video directly on a Page in an app. The video will play directly in the app when an app end-user taps on the video.
Add a Loom Component to a Page
- Create or open an existing app.
- Click the Edit Pencil on a Page.
- Click the Green + Icon, located in the bottom right corner.
- Either scroll to Loom in the list or begin typing Loom to search the list.
- Select Loom. The Loom Component will appear at the bottom of the Content list in the left-hand column. The Loom Properties will appear in the right-hand column.
The Loom component has the following properties:
Pro Tip: It is a best practice to use only letters without spaces for the Component Id. Symbols, spaces, and numbers are not recommended.
- Video Id - Learn how to find your Loom Video Id.
- Display Owner- Toggles on or off to display the owner. Default is set to off.
- Display Share- Toggles on or off to display sharing capabilities. Default is set to on.
- Display Title- Toggles on or off to display the title. Default is set to on.
Loom Placement Settings
The Placement Settings for the Component sets which column(s) the Component will appear. Each Page of the app can have a different number of columns that are set in the Layout section of the Page Settings. The following Placement settings are available for this Component:
- Column Start - Sets the column where the Component will start.
- Column Span - Sets how many columns the Component will span.
- Padding - Sets how much space will appear on the top, bottom, left, and right of the Component. When building a Page with multiple Components, the Padding will determine the overall spacing between Components.
- Display Mode - Sets how the Component is displayed. If Both is selected, the Component will always show. Both are the default option. If Optimal is selected, the Component will only show if the browser supports the app. The main supported browsers are Chrome and Safari. If Degraded is selected, the Component will only show if the browser does not support the app. The main unsupported browser is Internet Explorer.