The Casted Podcast Component is part of the Audio Component Set. It embeds a Casted Podcast episode in any app. The podcast episode will play directly in the app when an app end-user taps on the play button.
Add Casted Podcast to a Page
- Create or open an existing app.
- Click the Edit Pencil on a Page.
- Click the Green + Icon, located in the bottom right corner.
- Either scroll to Casted Podcast in the list or begin typing Casted Podcast to search the list.
Casted Podcast. The Casted Podcast Component will appear at the bottom of the Content list in the left-hand column. The Casted Podcast Properties will appear in the right-hand column.
Casted Podcast Properties
The Casted Podcast Component has the following properties:
Pro Tip: It is a best practice to use only letters without spaces for the Component Id. Symbols, spaces, and numbers are not recommended.
- Casted Podcast Url - Enter the Casted Podcast episode URL.
- A Real Marketers episode URL is https://listen.casted.us/player/1a96d88f
- Component Height (px) - Sets the max height of the Casted Podcast Component in pixels. The minimum height property is 150 and the maximum is 3,000 pixels. The height of the Casted Podcast Component will be dynamic depending on the episode's content.
Casted Podcast Placement Settings
The Placement Settings for the Component sets which column(s) the Component will appear. Each Page of the app can have a different number of columns that are set in the Layout section of the Page Settings. The following Placement settings are available for this Component:
- Column Start - Sets the column where the Component will start.
- Column Span - Sets how many columns the Component will span.
- Padding - Sets how much space will appear on the top, bottom, left, and right of the Component. When building a Page with multiple Components, the Padding will determine the overall spacing between Components.
- Display Mode - Sets how the Component is displayed. If Both is selected, the Component will always show. Both are the default option. If Optimal is selected, the Component will only show if the browser supports the app. The main supported browsers are Chrome and Safari. If Degraded is selected, the Component will only show if the browser does not support the app. The main unsupported browser is Internet Explorer.