The Libsyn Podcast is part of the Audio Component Set. It embeds a Libsyn Podcast episode in any app. The podcast episode will play directly in the app when an app end-user taps on the play button.
Add Libsyn Podcast to a Page
- Create or open an existing app.
- Click the Edit Pencil on a Page.
- Click the Green + Icon, located in the bottom right corner.
- Either scroll to Lybsyn Podcast in the list or begin typing Libsyn Podcast to search the list.
Libsyn Podcast. The Libsyn Podcast Component will appear at the bottom of the Content list in the left-hand column. The Libsyn Podcast Properties will appear in the right-hand column.
Libsyn Podcast Properties
The Libsyn Podcast Component has the following properties:
Pro Tip: It is a best practice to use only letters without spaces for the Component Id. Symbols, spaces, and numbers are not recommended.
- Display Thumbnail - Toggles on or off whether the show's artwork appears in the Libsyn Podcast Component. The thumbnail will only be visible in tablet and desktop views.
- Libsyn ID - The episode ID will always be a numeric value. Learn more about how to find the ID from Libsyn's embed codes.
- Player Color - Sets the color of the Libsyn Podcast. There are two ways to set the Player Color: Click the Color Swatch to choose from the app’s Color Palette or enter the hex code in the text field.
- Display Share Button - Toggles on or off whether the Share icon appears in the Libsyn Podcast Component.
- Display Menu - Toggles on or off whether the menu appears in the Libsyn Podcast Component.
Libsyn Podcast Placement Settings
The Placement Settings for the Component sets which column(s) the Component will appear. Each Page of the app can have a different number of columns that are set in the Layout section of the Page Settings. The following Placement settings are available for this Component:
- Column Start - Sets the column where the Component will start.
- Column Span - Sets how many columns the Component will span.
Padding - Sets how much space will appear on the top, bottom, left, and right of the Component. When building a Page with multiple Components, the Padding will determine the overall spacing between Components.
- Display Mode - Sets how the Component is displayed. If Both is selected, the Component will always show. Both are the default option. If Optimal is selected, the Component will only show if the browser supports the app. The main supported browsers are Chrome and Safari. If Degraded is selected, the Component will only show if the browser does not support the app. The main unsupported browser is Internet Explorer.