Google Maps Location
The Google Maps Location Component allows Studio Users to include a Google Map with a defined destination. With this component, the app user can allow location services to find their current location. This component is helpful when an app user’s starting location will vary, such as when patients need directions to the hospital, or tourists need directions to an attraction.
Add a Google Maps Location Component to Page
- Create or open an existing app.
- Click the Edit Pencil on a Page.
- Click the Green + Icon, located in the bottom right corner.
- Either scroll to Google Maps Location in the list or begin typing Google Maps Location to search the list.
Select Google Maps Location. The Google Maps Location Component will appear at the bottom of the Content list in the left-hand column. The Google Maps Location Properties will appear in the right-hand column.
Google Maps Location Properties
The Google Maps Location Component has the following properties:
Pro Tip: It is a best practice to use only letters without spaces for the Component Id. Symbols, spaces, and numbers are not recommended.
Google Maps API Key - Enter the Google Maps API Key. Make sure to not include any additional spaces when entering the Google Maps API Key. How to Get A Google Maps API Key.
Location Address - Enter the Location Address you want to appear as the To location in the app.
Map Size - Set the size of the map, choose between small, medium, or large.
Google Maps Location Placement Settings
The Placement Settings for the Component sets which column(s) the Component will appear. Each Page of the app can have a different number of columns that are set in the Layout section of the Page Settings. The following Placement Settings are available for this Component:
- Column Start - Sets the column where the Component will start.
- Column Span - Sets how many columns the Component will span.
- Padding - Sets how much space will appear on the top, bottom, left, and right of the Component. When building a Page with multiple Components, the Padding will determine the overall spacing between Components.
- Display Mode - Sets how the Component is displayed. If Both is selected, the Component will always show. Both are the default option. If Optimal is selected, the Component will only show if the browser supports the app. The main supported browsers are Chrome and Safari. If Degraded is selected, the Component will only show if the browser does not support the app. The main unsupported browser is Internet Explorer.