Contact List is part of the Data Visualization Component Set. It displays a list of contact information pulled from a database.
Add a Contact List to a Page
- Create or open an existing app.
- Click the Edit Pencil on a Page.
- Click the Green + Icon, located in the bottom right corner.
- Either scroll to Contact List in the list or begin typing Contact List to search the list.
- Select Contact List. The Contact List Component will appear at the bottom of the Content list in the left-hand column. The Contact List Properties will appear in the right-hand column.
Contact List Properties
The Contact List Component has the following properties:
Pro Tip: It is a best practice to use only letters without spaces for the Component Id. Symbols, spaces, and numbers are not recommended.
- Initial Circle Color - Sets the fill color of the circles next to each contact. There are two ways to set the Initial Circle Color: Click the Color Swatch to choose from the app’s Color Palette or enter the hex code in the text field.
- Initial Text Color - Sets the text color within the circles next to each contact. The Initials are populated based on the contact information. There are two ways to set the Initial Text Color: Click the Color Swatch to choose from the app’s Color Palette or enter the hex code in the text field.
- Alphabet Letter Color - Sets the color of the alphabetical scroll along the right of the Component. The school bar only displays letters of available results based on the Index Column. There are two ways to set the Alphabet Letter Color: Click the Color Swatch to choose from the app’s Color Palette or enter the hex code in the text field.
- Data Store URL - Enter the URL for the Data Store table where the contact information is stored.
- Index Column - Sets how the Contact List data is sorted. The default is set to display by Last Name.
Contact List Placement Settings
The Placement Settings for the Component sets which column(s) the Component will appear. Each Page of the app can have a different number of columns that are set in the Layout section of the Page Settings. The following Placement settings are available for this Component:
- Column Start - Sets the column where the Component will start.
- Column Span - Sets how many columns the Component will span.
- Padding - Sets how much space will appear on the top, bottom, left, and right of the Component. When building a Page with multiple Components, the Padding will determine the overall spacing between Components.
- Display Mode - Sets how the Component is displayed. If Both is selected, the Component will always show. Both are the default option. If Optimal is selected, the Component will only show if the browser supports the app. The main supported browsers are Chrome and Safari. If Degraded is selected, the Component will only show if the browser does not support the app. The main unsupported browser is Internet Explorer.